Free Tax Prep
Need support filing your taxes? For more than 10 years, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas has provided residents with access to free in-person and online income tax assistance so working families can receive all their eligible tax credits and refunds.
Sign Up Now
In-person tax prep assistance: Available at seven Community Tax Centers across Dallas. Households that earned $64,000 or less are eligible for services that include current and previous year tax returns, non-resident returns and ITIN renewals. For site locations and hours of operation, text TAXCENTERS to 833-939-1387 or visit www.DallasTaxCenters.org. Available in English and Spanish.
Online tax prep help: Households with income less than $79,000 can access fully online, self-directed tax prep services that are not subject to fees or paid add-ons. Visit www.MyFreeTaxes.com. Available in English and Spanish.
- Completely free
- Safe, secure and led by volunteers who are IRS-certified tax preparers
- Saves you money. Clients save an average of $200 in tax preparation and filing fees, plus get an average refund of $2,400 by claiming all their eligible tax credits and refunds. Last year, United Way helped 12,500 North Texas families receive a total of $18.5 million in refunds.
What you’ll need
- Photo ID
- Social Security or ITIN cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- All W2 and 1099 forms
- Health insurance documents
- Checking/savings account number
- Last year’s tax return