Effective Date: November 16, 2024
Last updated: November 16, 2024
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Information you provide, whether in person or online, when you become our donor or volunteer, access our Services, register for our newsletter, programs, or events, and interact with us through social media platforms or otherwise. Such personal information includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, month and day of birth and donation dates/amounts and specific requests made by donors/volunteers (i.e., requests to remain anonymous or to be excluded from certain communications);
- Information provided by others to support our mission, such as personal information collected from our partners and service providers, including payment processors, or organizations we partner with to support our mission. If you are an employee who has opted to become a UWMD donor through your employer’s partnership with us, your employer may provide your personal information to us;
- Information we obtain from third parties, such as a site or platform provider, about the use of our Services, such as usage, viewing, technical, and device data, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address;
- Location information, including precise or approximate location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our Services, or associated with your IP address or other online or device identifier, where we are permitted by law to process this information; and
- Sensitive Information: Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable law. Where you provide us with such information without request from UWMD, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to remove it from our records.
We use the personal information we collect from and about you for various business purposes including:
- Communicating with you to provide services and programs, and to support our mission;
- Sending newsletters and other communications to keep you informed;
- Responding to your queries, comments, or requests;
- Contacting you about donations, events, programs, and volunteer and advocacy opportunities;
- Processing donations and sending tax receipts;
- Analyzing and improving our programs and services to better serve North Texans;
- Maintaining, monitoring, analyzing, and improving our Services;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protecting our rights and property;
- Protecting the health, safety, and vital interests of our personnel and others; and
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We have put in place technical and organizational safeguards designed to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, alteration, or unintentional destruction. These safeguards include limiting access to personal information and storing personal information on servers and computers believed to be secure. However, no security controls are 100% effective, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. If we believe the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you by email, and you consent to our use of email as a means of such notification.
We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- To vendors, consultants, professional advisors, and other service providers that need access to your personal information to provide services to us;
- To organizations with which we partner for joint community impact programming (e.g. program applications or enrollment);
- To third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, financing, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale of UWMD’s assets or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another organization; and
- When we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from government or regulatory authorities; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Opting Out of Promotional Communications: By using our Services, including donating or completing any forms or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree to opt-in to our promotional communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by clicking on the link below and follow the instructions:
Unsubsribe from email communications
To request changes to your communication preferences visit “manage preferences” at the bottom of United Way email communitions. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your donations or our ongoing business relations.
- Cookies: Like many organizations, our Services use “cookies” to help make sure the Services are meeting the needs of their users and to help us make improvements.
Why we use these cookies
These cookies are essential for our Services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party or third-party cookies.
We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our Services and to help us improve the Services.
We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we use third-party cookies set by our service providers, Google Analytics and Hubspot, to collect information about your online activities in connection with our Services.
You may visit http://www.aboutcookies.org to review information on how to control cookies on a variety of browsers. You will also find details of how to delete cookies from your computer and other general information about cookies.
Google Analytics: You may visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for information on how to opt out of Google Analytics cookies. To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, you may visit https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Hubspot: To learn more about Hubspot’s privacy practices, you may visit https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
“Do Not Track” Signals: We do not track our Site’s visitors over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals at this time. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, you can learn more about “Do Not Track” by visiting www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Disclaimer of third-party websites and services: The Services may contain links to other websites and services administered by third parties. This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of other websites or services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on the other websites you visit.
We may amend this Policy from time to time to reflect our activities. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our website homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Policy frequently to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.