The United Way Social Innovation Incubator is designed to address historical opportunity and resource gaps as well as systemic racial and gender inequities in the social innovation sector in North Texas. The Incubator is a partnership between United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and Bridge for Billions and will provide an organizational and leadership development program exclusively for early-stage social ventures led and staffed by women and people of color who are working to implement new and creative solutions to pressing problems facing North Texans in the areas of Education, Income, and Health.
This 12-week program brings together an on-line learning platform that culminates in the development of a validated business plan with a personalized mentorship experience.
This program is proudly sponsored by Comerica.
Scroll down to sign up for an information session and an application workshop.
APPLICATION OPENS ON JUNE 27, 2021
Please scroll down to register for an information session and/or application workshop
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE AUGUST 1, 2021
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs of color who:
- Have an idea- or early-stage social venture, either non-profit or for-profit, that is seeking to address a critical problem facing North Texans in the areas of Health, Education, or Income
- Would benefit from developing a 3-year growth and financial plan and receiving personalized leadership coaching
- Can dedicate 6-8 hours per week during 3.5 months and are committed to completing the program
- Are based in and serving the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas geographic service area: Dallas County, Collin County, Rockwall County, Southern Denton County
- Are interested in developing a long-term partnership with United Way of Metropolitan Dallas for program and funding opportunities
Attend an Information Session
Attend one of our virtual information sessions to learn about the program, ask questions and decide if you or your organization would benefit from the Social Innovation Incubator.
Ask questions about your Social Innovation Incubator applications and get support from Social Innovation Accelerator leadership coaches and United Way staff. Questions can be about the application in general or they can be specific to your application.
- July 14 at 2PM | Register Here
- July 21 at 1PM | Register Here
- July 27 at 10AM | Register Here
- July 29 at 10AM | Register Here
Questions? Email Alexis Snow for more information.
United Way Social Innovation
Social Innovation is at the heart of the work we do 365 days a year at United Way of Metropolitan Dallas. Our programs provide financial, human, and social capital to support the identification, development, and growth of nonprofit and for-profit social ventures that are implementing new and innovative solutions to the most urgent challenges facing North Texans in education, income and health.Learn More