Understanding options after high school graduation can be overwhelming, that’s why United Way partnered with the Dallas Regional Chamber and Accenture, for the Future Focus Summer Camp. The camp seeks to serve 60 Dallas ISD students for two weeks each June. During this annual two – week, all – day camp experience, students will be guided through selections of the Skills to Succeed Curriculum, enriched with guest speakers, small group work, and panel discussions. On six of the ten program days, students will go on field trips to six different corporate headquarters throughout North Texas where they can see the vast array of jobs available in various industries, enabling them to see how skills they are developing translate into the real world. Hands-on experiences leave camp students with sharper skills in business, professionalism, resume writing, interviewing, financial planning, career exploration, company visits, technology and more.
- Dates: Week One: June 11 – 15 (Monday-Friday), and Week Two: June 18 – 22 (Monday-Friday). Students attend both weeks.
- Time: 9 AM – 2 PM daily
- Age: High School sophomores and juniors (grade in school year 2017 – 2018)
- Fee: Free
- Learn More: Student information >
- Application: Click here >
- Transportation: Gas cards and free parking available for students who plan to drive, D.A.R.T. passes available (West End D.A.R.T. rail station is a 4 minute walk from the office)
Application due April 27, 2018. Early bird deadline March 30, 2018. Students who register on or before March 30 will be entered into a drawing for a Microsoft Surface Tablet! If accepted you will be notified by May 13. Both the student and parent or guardian must attend a mandatory parent orientation meeting on Monday, May 21 from 7 PM to 8 PM at United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (1800 N. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75202).
Questions? Contact Lindsay Willess firstname.lastname@example.org, 214.978.0032