United Way Announces Fifth Round of Grants to 35 Local Nonprofits
- Abide Women’s Health Services
- AIDS Arms, Inc.
- Bachman Lake Together, a fund of The Dallas Foundation
- Bridge Steps
- Buckner Children and Family Services
- Carter’s House
- CASA of Denton County
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County
- Christian Community Action
- Collin County Mental Health Mental Retardation Center
- Cumberland Presbyterian Children’s Home
- Dallas City Homes
- Dallas Fire Museum (on behalf of Dallas Fire Rescue First Responders)
- Dallas Methodist Hospitals Foundation
- Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc.
- First Presbyterian Church of Dallas – The Stewpot
- Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc.
- Health Services of North Texas, Inc.
- Jewish Community Center of Dallas
- LIFT (Literacy Instruction for Texas)
- Many Helping Hands
- Our Friends Place
- Plano ISD Education Foundation
- Prison Entrepreneurship Program
- Promise House
- Rowlett Friendship Baptist Church
- Shiloh Place McKinney
- Southern Methodist University CORE
- St. Pius X Early and Education Center
- Streetside Showers
- The Golden SEEDS Foundation
- The Way Back House
- Vogel Alcove
- Wilkinson Center
ABOUT NORTH TEXAS CARES
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, Communities Foundation of Texas, and The Dallas Foundation, joined by nearly two dozen philanthropic funding organizations, launched North Texas Cares, which enables local nonprofits to ask for emergency financial help from all participating organizations through a streamlined online grant application.
The magnitude of this pandemic calls for innovation and proactive, strategic collaboration—at a rapid pace. North Texas Cares is the social impact community’s collective response to addressing both immediate and long-term needs of our most vulnerable populations.
Together we are enabling efficient and timely access to philanthropic dollars, ensuring those resources reach the individuals and families most in need, without placing an undue burden on the nonprofit organizations providing them.Learn More
This article was published on: Apr 24, 2020