Advocate With United Way
Election Day is only the beginning of a very busy time in Texas politics. The Texas Legislature begins its 88thsession on Jan. 10, kicking off an extremely important 140-day stretch, during which United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and the Live United movement will advocate by contacting our elected representatives.
Remember, lasting change only happens when we work together. Sign up for our Advocacy Alerts, and join us as we speak up and speak out about how education, income and health policies impact our community and advocate to expand opportunities and drive systemic change.
Here are our key legislative priorities for this session:
- Strengthen affordable high-quality early education
- Close student achievement gaps and create pathways for students to college or a career
- Achieve digital equity and inclusion for all
- Ensure access to safe, quality, affordable housing stability for all
- Enhance innovative solutions for moving workers into good jobs and ensuring employers have a pipeline of skilled, ready-to-work employees
- Expand access to financial products that will allow Texans to build and grow savings and assets
- Expand prevention efforts and early intervention services seeking to divert families from the child welfare, juvenile justice and criminal justice systems
- Improve comprehensive health by expanding access to affordable and quality physical, mental and behavioral healthcare programs and services
- Enhance non-medical drivers of health, including transportation and food
These issues directly impact our way of life in North Texas. We hope you’ll join us as we speak out on these and other important topics.
New to advocacy or interested in learning more about key policy concerns? Get ready for the legislative session with these helpful resources:
This article was published on: Oct 20, 2022