No one needs more financial or emotional stress right now. Here are some tips and resources to help you manage your money during this holiday season:
Plan Your Holiday Shopping
- Set a budget and make a list before you go shopping—either online or in-store.
- Resist the temptation to buy more, and spend more, as a reward to yourself, your family and friends for making it through a difficult year.
Avoid Pay Day Loans and Credit Card Debt
- Capital Good Fund, a partner of United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, offers low cost loans as a alternative to expensive payday loans and credit card debt. Loan rates as low as 5%. Go to https://capitalgoodfund.org/en/ for more information.
Set Financial Goals for the New Year
- Improve your credit with Capital Good Fund’s 12-month credit builder loan: https://capitalgoodfund.org/en/
- Connect with a Financial Coach to help you set and meet your financial goals for 2021:
- Catholic Charities Dallas: https://www.ccdallas.org/services/financial-security/financial-education/
- Metrocrest Services: https://www.metrocrestservices.org/financial_education.php
- The Senior Source: https://theseniorsource.org/what-we-do/financial-assistance/
- The Wilkinson Center: https://www.thewilkinsoncenter.org/
- WiNGS Dallas: https://wingsdallas.org/for-women/mymoney/
This article was published on: Dec 2, 2020