United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Monitoring COVID-19
Stay informed on how to prevent COVID-19 and what to do if you feel sick.
Along with our community and communities across the world, we at United Way of Metropolitan Dallas are closely monitoring COVID-19 and taking all necessary steps to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, corporate partners, service provider agencies and neighbors.
As more information becomes available on COVID-19, we will continue to work closely with our agencies to determine where the most need may be, and how we and our corporate partners can lend support.
Meanwhile, we are following the advice and direction of our country, county, and city health officials, including the following Centers for Disease Control recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
• Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care.
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children to do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-base sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands.
This article was published on: Mar 12, 2020