Coronavirus Relief Bill
Your Voice is Needed Today!
- Additional funding for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) to provide nutrition assistance to children and their mothers who have lost their jobs as a result of the outbreak.
- Waiver authority for the Department of Agriculture to allow flexibility for states in providing emergency food assistance and flexibility in how and where nutrition support is administered to accommodate for school, child care and adult care centers closing.
- Suspension of work requirements for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) during the emergency.
- Supplemental funding for local food banks to meet the increased need in communities.
- Free coronavirus testing for all Americans regardless of insurance.
- Coverage of a provider visit to receive testing for Americans enrolled in Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Increased funding for public health programs including Medicaid and CHIP by increasing states’ federal medical assistance percentage (FMAP) during the emergency.
Unemployment and leave benefits:
- Immediate fully-paid sick leave for 14 days for those working for employers with under 500 employees when they are sick or two weeks of 2/3 pay to care for a family member.
- The ability to take up to three months of job-protected family and medical leave due to COVID-19 impacts.
- Emergency grants to states to meet the increased need for Unemployment Insurance benefits.
- Inclusion of nonprofits as an eligible employer to recoup costs related to emergency paid leave benefits.
A summary of all provisions can be found here.