#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that marks the beginning of the charitable season, following Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This year, it’s happening on November 27, and it’s going to be big. Since #GivingTuesday’s inception, we’ve seen the number of participants, donors and overall donations increase year over year. That means this year’s #GiveBigDFW on #GivingTuesday is likely to be the best year yet, and it’s packed with potential for your organization.
Here are our 10 top reasons why you should participate:
- Research shows that individuals are more likely to give and give more on average on #GivingTuesday than at other times of the year. Additionally, long-term loyal donors are more likely to give more, on average, on #GivingTuesday than at any other time of the year.
- Funds are transferred to your bank account quickly, usually within 48 hours of donation.
- Participating nonprofits are provided with extremely valuable data about their donors.
- You will have a unique link that you can share with your donors. Donors do not have to search for your organization.
- Nonprofits who participate in GiveBigDFW.org sign up for free.
- The platform will be open until December 31, 2018, so take advantage of the free platform and save money by utilizing it for your end-of-year giving campaign.
- Volunteerism is just as important as monetary donations, so we are partnering with Voly to provide and highlight volunteer opportunities on #GivingTuesday.
- GiveBigDFW.org is focused on the donor experience, so people looking to donate have an easy and seamless way to do so for the causes they care about.
- There will be one website to represent an entire region, which will ensure that there is a cohesive campaign and help donors feel as though they’re giving to something bigger.
- Being listed on the GiveBigDFW.org helps verify your organization so that donors can trust that they’re giving to an established nonprofit.
Last year, more than 200 nonprofit organizations participated and earned over $22 million dollars. Our goal this year is to earn the title of the Most Generous Community in America, and we need your help to make that happen! Both donations and volunteer hours count toward the overall goal, so there’s more than one way to #GiveBigDFW on #GivingTuesday.
Will you join us? Register today at GiveBigDFW.org/register.