The Ruth Sharp Altshuler Tocqueville Society recognizes donors with an unsurpassed dedication to the community. Named to honor a longtime Dallas philanthropist, the late Ruth Sharp Altshuler, the Tocqueville Society is composed of civic and business leaders whose vision for North Texas is matched only by their generosity. More than 950 Tocqueville Society members contribute $10 million each year to fight our community’s most challenging social problems.
Members are part of a select group of influential leaders helping to treat 360 degrees of need in North Texas. Individual members contribute at least $10,000 in a fiscal year* to United Way. Tocqueville Society members are committed to helping those who do good, do great.
Tocqueville Society members enjoy:
- Invitations to unique lectures and special events, including the Second Tuesday luncheon series, Eggs & Issues, and an annual appreciation event.
- Educational and networking opportunities with like-minded philanthropists.
- Organized volunteer events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to advocate on behalf of the community with elected officials in Dallas and Austin.
- Frequent updates and communications from United Way, including the Unite newsletter, featuring highlights from United Way’s impact work and donor events.
- Recognition in the annual Leaders in Giving and other United Way publications.
- Additional opportunities within the Aikman Staubach Circle, Women of Tocqueville and Bench & Bar.
*Fiscal year runs July 1-June 30
New donors can qualify for Tocqueville Society membership at reduced rates. Click here for details on the Fast Track giving option.
For more information about joining a United Way Giving Society that’s right for you, please contact us at DonorServices@unitedwaydallas.org.