The purpose of the Nonprofit Assistance Program is to provide financial support in the form of grants to nonprofit organizations for operational expenses or demonstrated loss of income associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Expenses must have been incurred between March 3, 2021, and December 31, 2024, and must have resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic and/or in response to needs caused by the pandemic.
Expenses can include, but are not limited to:
- Rent Utilities
- Employee salaries and benefits
- Cleaning supplies
- Program supplies
- Be a nonprofit organization with registered 501(c)3 tax exempt status
- Be officially registered with the State of Texas
- Be physically located and operating in the City of Dallas
- Serve residents of the City of Dallas by providing direct-to-client social services (e.g., health, economic security, safety and well-being, education, or social justice) to low-to moderate- income individuals
- NOT primarily or solely provide scholarships
- Have been in existence prior to March 1, 2018. The date of existence is taken directly from the organization’s IRS Determination Letter.
If all these eligibility requirements are met, then an organization is eligible to apply for the Nonprofit Assistance Program. An eligible organization can submit ONE APPLICATION. The maximum request for assistance is $50,000 and, by extension, the maximum grant award is $50,000.