Health Innovation Tech Challenge
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is launching a social innovation competition with $1 million in prizes to identify, elevate, and activate transformative solutions to community health challenges across North Texas. The challenge, hosted in collaboration with Health Wildcatters and sponsored by AT&T, Axxess, and Kimberly Clark Corporation seeks game-changing, technology-fueled approaches to increase access to preventive care and improve mental health.
The application portal is now closed. Please stay tuned for updates about finalists and our awards event!
We are seeking game-changing, technology-fueled approaches to increase access to preventive care and improve mental health. For this innovation challenge, United Way has conferred with North Texas health care experts to identify the most critical issues that exist in our community in these two areas of health:
1. Increasing access to and utilization of preventive health care, particularly for children and youth.
2. Improving social and emotional wellness and mental health for children, youth and adults.
Applicants should be beyond the research phase and already be prototyped, and ready for launch or expansion. Successful competitors will present solutions which are:
- Equitable: intentional focus on challenges that disproportionately impact people and communities of color
- Specific: clearly linked to the challenge identified
- Research-based: demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data related to the challenge identified
- Measurable: evaluation plan which documents process and demonstrates outcomes and impact
- Feasible: immediately actionable
- Scalable: far reaching in scope and nimble in approach
- Systemic: addressing social determinants of health in addition to individual issues
January 4, 2021 – March 15, 2021 – Applications Open
March 8, 2021 – April 2, 2021 – Internal Review Process
- 10 applications will be moved to the next stage of the Competition
April 2, 2021 – April 9, 2021 – Peer-to-Peer Review
April 12, 20212 – May 7, 2021 – Evaluation Panel Review
Week of May 10, 2021 – Internal Award Review
May 17, 2021 – May 28, 2021 – Evaluation Panel Award Review
Late May, 2021 – Notification of Funding Awards
Early June 2021 – Health Innovation Technology Challenge Awards Event
- In-Person or Virtual Attendance TBD
Please CLICK HERE to access the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Health Innovation Technology Challenge Overview Document, which includes information about eligibility requirements and program rules.
About United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is a community-based nonprofit organization that believes in the power of unity to create lasting change. For over 90 years, we’ve brought people and resources together to strengthen Health, Education, and Income – the building blocks of opportunity. Together, we work to achieve long-term results that help our community thrive. We encourage every North Texan to be a part of the change.