We create lasting results for Dallas.
United Way is the unifying, driving force to get lasting results for Dallas. We believe in the power of unity to create lasting change, whether it’s by encouraging innovation or giving existing organizations the ability to do more, we won’t stop until the job is complete. We set bold goals for our local community and measure progress to ensure we’re achieving the goals, together. Our focus on education, income and health means we provide both short-term relief and long-term solutions to create lasting change.We have programs that…
- Provide summer meals when kids lack school lunches
- Deliver free children’s books to help kids get kindergarten-ready
- Offer workforce training and financial services that help people keep more of their hard-earned money
- Provide prenatal care, combat addiction and ensure the overall health of our community
- Encourage social innovation with our social incubator program,
- And much more
We invest in programs that work.
We provide grants to the best existing community programs in education, income and health so we can achieve our shared community goals. And we are social innovators and identify gaps in existing local services and build new programs to fill them We help them improve their organizational efficiency and operations and forge partnerships to encourage collaboration which leads to lasting results.
We inspire philanthropy.
We mobilize volunteers, spur business participation and make the public and lawmakers drive action around education, income and health in our community. We unite people from all walks of life and inspire them to join us in making a difference.