Treating 360° of Need
North Texas doesn’t suffer from just one problem, so we don’t focus on a single solution. Instead of just feeding the hungry or helping the homeless, we also address the underlying causes of poverty, specifically issues of Health, Education and Income.
- We identify and evaluate the best charitable programs in our community.
- We award grants to hundreds of them so they can do more.
- We help them improve effectiveness, efficiency and navigate the nonprofit world.
- We set robust goals and measure progress on an ongoing basis.
- We develop and invest in new solutions to longstanding problems.
- We raise awareness, mobilize volunteers, create partnerships and act as advocates to address critical issues here at home.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is a community-based non-profit organization treating 360 degrees of need in Dallas, Collin, Southern Denton and Rockwall counties. For over 90 years, we’ve brought people and resources together to fight complex social problems by surrounding North Texas with efficient, impactful solutions.
Since 2011, we’ve invested more than $147 million in 200+ local programs that tackle issues of education, income and health; the essential components of a thriving community. We encourage North Texans to get involved by giving, volunteering or advocating to help lift up those in need now and in the future.